- Ascent Venture Partners:
Industry Targeted high-growth IT Stage Early Geography Eastern United States Capital needs $2M to $8M initial round
- CommonAngels: We invest in high-potential early-stage companies in new ares of information technology such as software, telephony, semiconductors, RFID, and medical devices not requiring clinical trials. We typically invest $500K to $1M as part of rounds up to $5M. Companies should also fit with our members' professional skills and interests.
- Matrix Partners......
- Spark Capital.... Our investment focus is on the conflux of the media, entertainment and technology industries. Over the last decade, telecom, wireless, and cable operators have spent enormous amounts of capital building up their broadband infrastructure. The next decade will be spent monetizing this infrastructure. We will exploit this opportunity by investing in companies that we believe will benefit from the rapid transformation of media and content driven by innovative technologies and evolving business models.... We are former executives of major entertainment, media, and technology companies such as Sony, Time Warner, Blockbuster, Lion's Gate, Apple, and Microsoft. While we consider ourselves stage-agnostic, no idea is too green for us.
- DACE Ventures....Dace Ventures’ team seeks to invest with entrepreneurs who share our focus on digital media, consumer marketing and mobile services. We have aligned our fund strategy and team strengths to enable Dace to become the ideal investor for early-stage companies with capital-efficient business models. We have no minimum funding size, though we generally invest from $250,000 to $3 million in an initial financing, with substantial reserves for follow-on’s. We seek to work with passionate entrepreneurs who can build great teams to take best advantage of transformational forces in the Next Wave.
- Battery Ventures....
Across an array of technologies and related sectors: We focus on sectors where our expertise and connections can make an impact, including: Internet & Digital Media;Financial Services & Tech-Enabled Businesses; Clean Tech & Advanced Materials;Software; Semiconductors & Components; Infrastructure Technologies; andCommunication Services.
At all stages of a company’s lifecycle: We are well-versed in working with management teams on traditional venture investments, ranging from seed to later stage. Our team is equally adept at sophisticated deal structures such as leveraged buyouts, PIPEs, spin outs, rollups and take-privates. We can also arrange debt and are willing to do secondary transactions.
- In the most interesting geographies: Because talented entrepreneurs and great companies can be found worldwide, we are active investors across the U.S. and in Canada, Israel, India, China, and Europe.
- fund size
- stage focus
- sector focus
- board participation
- LP relationship
- active vs. passive deal sourcing (i.e. cold calling vs. referral dependent)